Monday, January 17, 2011

About Me

Firstly, I love to indicate myself of being a student. I am recently studying undergraduate degree in Public Health. I am mostly recognised by my active rank on my TIG volunteer that can be viewed here: http://profiles.tigweb.org/suneboy. I have been volunteering in TIG since last 2 years. I have worked and volunteered with many young people in my country. I have got experience in other e-courses like Sprout, MDG5, and Global Health Learning. I am a graphic designer and have designed a logo for Project World Citizen, Canada. I am online teacher for wiziq. 

Beside my online stuffs, I am being involved in many Youth awareness and empowerment projects within my country. Being Team leader I have worked in many rural part of my country. I am Secretary in Youth Coordination Center (YCC), NGO. Through this NGO we have launched many projects emphasizing Young People. I am involved in trainee for the foreigners in Research and  making them capable in doing it with the field practices. 

I have presented my work experience and my involvement below:

Work Experience
a.       Secretary, Youth Coordination Center (YCC) –NGO
b.      Good experience in internet and browsing.
c.       Designer, Origin- annual magazine of Nobel College.
d.      Part time data posting job at Biawashilo Saving and Credit co-operative Ltd. Gongabu, Kathamandu. (6 months)
e.       Created a logo for Project World Citizen (PWC), Victoria, BC, Canada.
f.       Home Tuition Teacher (have taught students of grade 3-9, now teaching grade, seven and eight students)
g.      Let’s Change -Workshop and seminar on climate change launched as a mentor on Global Youth Service Day. (24th April)
h.      Monitoring, National Immunization Day, UNICEF (22nd &23rd May, 2010)

Involvement (going on)
a.       An active member of Taking It Global (TIG) – Virtual Volunteer, Alumni
b.      Third vice president of LEO club of Nagarjun, Kathmandu, Nepal.
c.       Graphic Design Department member in ‘Origin-the Nobelian path’- Annual Magazine of Nobel College, Sinamagal, Kathmandu.
d.      General member of Nepal youth Red Cross circle-Nobel College.
e.       Secretary- Youth Coordination Center (YCC)- NGO, Nepal



Objective of Taking Youth Social Entrepreneurship e-course

My Objectives for Taking Youth Social Entrepreneurship e-course are :
1. To meet global friends.
2. To build my capacity to manage a project and to train other young 
    people around the community.
3. To learn the methods for creating changes within the community. 
4. To initiate my own projects at the end of the course and be able 
    to provide it success.
5. To learn about how to monitor and evaluate the project.

2 comments:

  1. Great start Surya and nice to learn more about your focus and aspirations for this course. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    -Thanks.
    Mohammed Barry

    ReplyDelete